Our Vision and Values
To collect and record the history of the Borough of Dacorum. To interpret and display the collection in order to encourage interest and appreciation of the heritage of Dacorum.
Dacorum Heritage Trust (DHT) is committed to providing the highest quality service to all. To achieve this goal we will:
- inspire a pride in our history and culture through exhibitions, events, education and outreach activities and online services.
- Work with communities, individuals and organisations in order to deliver our services and products.
- Foster and promote a passion for the heritage and culture of Dacorum.
- Reach out and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds both locally and beyond.
- Respect people from all backgrounds and cultures and provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere to all our visitors and partners.
- Constantly strive to improve our performance through challenging our goals and being innovative and pushing forward our frontiers.
- Provide a safe environment for our visitors and staff.
- Treat all our visitors, partners and staff equally and fairly and without discrimination.
- Make sure we are up to date with current legislation regarding equal opportunities, health and safety, disabilities and discrimination.
- Be creative and aim for excellence in all that we do.
- Promote our entrepreneurial skills to enable our vision to flourish.
- Share our learning across the Trust and with our Constituent Societies and others.
- Communicate our role as a charity to foster public support and to protect and enhance.
- Our vision as a protector and provider of our cultural and historic heritage.
DHT provides a heritage service for the Borough of Dacorum. DHT manages and cares for the collections housed at the Museum Store, providing access to the public via exhibitions and handling workshops at schools as examples.
The Trust continues to provide support to the Tring & District Local History & Museum Society with its local history museum.
Striving to exceed your expectations in everything we do
The Dacorum Heritage Trust Ltd